A Sociology Writer's Guide
The Sociology Writer's Guide is designed to help sociology students at any level complete their writing assignments, and strengthen their research and bibliographic skills.
- Covers every kind of writing assignment a sociology student is likely to encounter: term papers, research papers, essays, compare/contrast papers, quantitative and qualitative research articles, text analysis papers, book reviews, abstracts, and essay exams.
- Teaches a practical, step-by-step approach to writing, from selecting a topic to submitting finished work.
- Uses Tips, Notes, and Reminders to highlight key points.
- Includes a complete list of examples for handling quotes and paraphrases, and for using citations and references in current sociological documentation style.
- Features a full discussion of bias-free language that covers race/ethnicity, social class, age, disability, religion, family status, and sexual orientation.
- The author is a sociology instructor, writer, and editor who has taught a writing for sociology class for over 12 years.