A Very Busy Firehouse
- Kids find these familiar community institutions endlessly fascinating. What child hasn't toyed with the idea of being a police officer or a firefighter at least once?
- Format includes large color photographs, easy-to-read fonts, and simple interior design.
- Series features include vocabulary preview and review pages plus special backmatter pages that invite readers to think further on the study topics.
Curriculum Standards: Grades K-8 Social Studies Standards
People. Places, & Environments: III
- Describe how people create places that reflect ideas, wants, needs as they design homes, playgrounds, classrooms, and the like
- Examine the interaction of human beings and their physical environment, the use of land, building of cities in selected locales.
- Consider existing uses and proposed new uses of resources in home, school, and the community
Individuals, Groups, & Institutions: V
- Identify examples of institutions and describe the interactions of people with institutions
- Identify examples of tension between individuals and institutions
- Give examples of the role of institutions in furthering both continuity and change
- Show how groups and institutions work to meet individual needs and promote the common good
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.