A History of the Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, New York, 1848-1900
Uncovers the history of challenges faced and overcome as the hospital moved from being a 100-bed facility, run single-handedly by three women, to a modern hospital facility with 600 beds.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
The Buffalo Medical Community of the 1840s
CHAPTER IH The Sisters Take Full Control
10 other sections not shown
American Medicine American Pluralism antebellum appointed Asylum August Austin Flint Bishop Timon board of trustees Buffalo General Hospital Buffalo Hospital Buffalo Medical College Buffalo Widows Buﬂalo Commercial Advertiser Buﬂalo Daily Courier Buﬂalo Medical Journal Buﬂalo Morning Express Charity Hospital Charity’s cholera city’s College’s conﬂict Cronyn Daughters of Charity Department of Niagara Emergency Hospital Emmitsburg Erie County established February ﬁnancial ﬁrst Gerber govemment hereaﬁer cited History immigrants inﬂuence Irish John Timon Judith Walzer Leavitt Medical and Surgical Medical College faculty medical community Medical Department medical education medical school medical staff modem Niagara Medical College Niagara University nineteenth century November Park Collection paying patients population Protestant religious Report Reverby role Rosenberg SCH Minutes scientiﬁc served Seton sick poor sister administrators sister nurses Sister Servant Sisters Hospital Sisters Hospital’s Sisters of Charity Society U.S. Census University of Buffalo ward women York