Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aldebaran analemma angle appear Arcturus astronomers atmosphere attraction axis azimuth body brass meridian called Cape centre climate colour constellation depth diameter difference distance diurnal diurnal motion earth east ecliptic electricity Elevate the pole Epact equal equator equinoctial equinox fall feet find the sun's force given place gravity heat heavens Hence high water horizon hour circle inches inhabitants Jupiter latitude length Libra London longest day longitude magnitude mass meridian altitude miles minutes month moon moon's motion mountains nearly night node noon north latitude north pole number of degrees o'clock oblique observed ocean orbit parallel of latitude pass planet polar Problem quadrant of altitude quantity rays retrograde motion right ascension rise and set rivers set the index sidereal period solar sun rise sun's declination sun's place surface synodical period tides tude turn the globe vapour velocity vertical winter zenith zone
4. oldal - Encyclopaedia of Geography ; comprising a complete Description of the Earth : Exhibiting its Relation to the Heavenly Bodies, its Physical Structure, the Natural History of each Country, and the Industry, Commerce, Political Institutions, and Civil and Social State of All Nations. Second Edition ; with 82 Maps, and upwards of 1,000 other Woodcuts. 8vo. price 60s. Neale.
8. oldal - Blair's Chronological and Historical Tables, from the Creation to the present time : With Additions and Corrections from the most authentic Writers ; including the Computation of St. Paul, as connecting the Period from the Exode to the Temple.
358. oldal - ... the western edge of the horizon, and the index will show the time of...
1. oldal - A Greek-English Lexicon. Compiled by HG LIDDELL, DD Dean of Christ Church, and R. SCOTT, D,D. Dean of Rochester.
74. oldal - In this case, it is obvious that the plane of the circle of illumination would be perpendicular to a line drawn from the centre of the sun to the centre of the earth...
242. oldal - RULES TO KNOW WHEN THE MOVEABLE FEASTS AND HOLYDAYS BEGIN. EASTER DAY, on which the rest depend, is always the First Sunday after the Full Moon which happens upon, or next after the Twenty-first Day of March ; and if the Full Moon happens upon a Sunday, Easter Day is the Sunday after.
52. oldal - Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a straight line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.
14. oldal - Lambert. 12mo. 5s. 6d. bound. Hamel's French Grammar (the Original Edition). A New Universal French Grammar ; being an accurate System of French Accidence and Syntax. By N. HAMEL. New Edit, improved.