A Record of the University of Pennsylvania Men Residing in New York City and Vicinity

Front Cover
Trow Press, 1908 - 113 pages
0 Reviews
 

What people are saying - Write a review

We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.

Other editions - View all

Common terms and phrases

Popular passages

Page 4 - College, and bestowed them upon a new organi2ation, called in its charter the " Trustees of the University of the State of Pennsylvania.
Page 20 - These specifications which are before our body to-day have been prepared by a joint committee, composed of representatives of the American Society for Testing Materials, American Society of Civil Engineers, American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association, and the Association of Portland Cement Manufacturers, under Prof.
Page 21 - J., organist, conductor, etc. (Boston) ; John Ashburton (MD); m. 2d, 1901, Mrs. Anna L. Davidson. Practised at Woburn, Mass., 1857-1875; at Cambridge and Boston, 1875-1881; since 1881, In NY City. Inventor improved laryngol. and gynecological methods and of Instruments In relation to them, as well as In microscopy and microphotography; author of books and monographs, over 500 titles; engaged in consulting med. work as well as original studies, specialty In foods. Corr. and hon. mem. of Am. and foreign...
Page 4 - In 1791 another charter was granted jointly to the trustees of the Charity School and Academy of the University and of the College, under the corporate name of "The University of Pennsylvania," which name it MEMORIAL TOWER AT ENTRANCE TO NEW DORMITORIES, UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA has borne ever since.
Page 18 - Sec. Com. on Municipal Accounts and Statistics, Nat. Municipal League, since 1902; chm'n Com. on Municipal Finance and Statistics of Am. Econ. Ass'n, 1903-1904; mem.
Page 5 - School was added to the college, and in quick succession followed the Department of Music, Department of Philosophy and Graduate School, Department of Veterinary Medicine, the Veterinary Hospital, the Department of Physical Education, the Department of Archaeology and University Museums, General Library, Training School for Nurses, Wistar Institute of Anatomy, Teachers...
Page 4 - Pennsylvania," which resulted in the foundation of an Academy which began its first session on January 7, 1751, in the building on the west side of Fourth Street below Arch, originally constructed for the Charity School. In 1753 the Trustees secured their first charter for the Academy ; and two years later, by virtue of a second charter, the Academy 'was converted into a college with full power to confer the usual collegiate degrees. The first Commencement \vas held on May 17, 1757, when the degree...
Page 26 - Pres., 1904, Monday Club of NY; lecturer NY Sch. of Philanthropy, and mem. Faculty Council, 1905; chm'n Com. on Dependent Children. Nat. Conf. Jewish Charities; in charge Summer Sen. of Philanthropy, Jewish Chautauq.ua Soc., 1902-1903: chm'n Com. on Standard of Living, NY State Conf. of Charities, 1907; pres.
Page 26 - NY State Conf. Charities and Correction; sec. Ellis Island Comm'n, appt'd by Pres. Roosevelt, 1903; exec. sec. Federation of Contributors to Jewish Communal Inst'ns of NY, 1907. Mg'r Industrial Dep't (since 1909), ass't sec.
Page 4 - Its early history was closely associated with the principal events in the history of the colonies, and also in the war with Great Britain for independence, in which many of its sons took a leading part. Among the signers of the Declaration of Independence were ten men who were either graduates of the college or among its founders.

Bibliographic information