A Sourcebook on Child Sexual Abuse
- How widespread is child sexual abuse?
- Which groups of children are at greatest risk?
- Why do offenders offend?
- What are the initial and long-term effects of sexual abuse on victims?
- How can child sexual abuse be prevented?
- How should researchers approach the problem?
David Finkelhor is a leading researcher in the field of family violence and child sexual abuse. He is the author of two previous books on the subject, Sexually Victimized Children and Child Sexual Abuse: New Theory and Research.
Finkelhor is also known for his work in other areas of family violence. He is a co-editor of Dark Side of
What people are saying - Write a review
A Review of the Research
4 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
Healing the Incest Wound: Adult Survivors in Therapy
Christine A. Courtois
Limited preview - 1996
The Healing Power of Play: Working with Abused Children
Limited preview - 1991