Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance on subjects that medical students and foundation doctors need help with “on the go”, at a highly affordable price that puts them within reach of those rotating through modular courses or working on attachment.
Topics reflect information needs stemming from today’s integrated undergraduate & foundation courses:
- Common investigations (ECG, imaging, etc)
- Clinical skills (procedures, patient examination, etc)
- Professional development (ethics, statistics, etc)
- Clinical specialties that students perceive as too small to merit a textbook (psychiatry, renal medicine)
Highly structured, bite-size content helps novices combat the “fear factor” associated with day to day clinical training, and provides “just enough” for a new rotation.
- Highly affordable price and convenient pocket size format – fits in back pocket!
- Logical, sequential content: relevant basic science, then a guide to understanding a normal image and the building blocks of an abnormal image, before describing clinical disorders
- Clinical disorders illustrated by a high quality abdominal radiograph, ultrasound, barium study, CT scan or MRI, with brief accompanying text on facing page that clearly identifies the defining feature of the image (in other words, what is it that makes this a stomach ulcer?)