Advance Your Swagger: How to Use Manners, Confidence, and Style to Get Ahead
“My manners were the first ingredient that set me apart from my peers,” notes the suave and stylish Fonzworth Bentley, Sean “Diddy” Combs’s former personal assistant and a celebrity in his own right. Now, in this one-of-a-kind book, Bentley shares his surefire strategies for success.
Just how does a guy move from Atlanta to New York City without knowing a soul in the entertainment industry and become, in less than two years, the P.A. to one of the biggest moguls in hip-hop history? Bentley attributes his accomplishment to one key equation: Manners + Confidence + Style = Swagger. With this formula, Bentley transformed himself into an icon of unflappable grace, elegance, and good manners–and now he’s on a mission to help you step up your game, advance your swagger, get ahead, and live out your dreams.
Inside you’ll learn everything you need to know about
• manners and the magic of Please and Thank You
• the art of eating well, from which glass to use to handling the napkin
• the basics of fine dining, whether you’re a host or a guest
• the do’s and “oh no you di’int’s” of cell phones, e-mail, and text messaging
• projecting confidence through your body language
• the power of introductions, even when you can’t remember someone’s name
• what to do before, during, and after a job interview
• body maintenance, from hair to toes to pearly whites
• the principles of timeless fashion, so you never go out of style
• 15 things every man and 15 things every woman must have in his or her closet
Plus “Bent Hints”–little things to keep in mind for any occasion
Though we seem to be in the midst of what Bentley calls “the Golden Age of Disrespect,” he demonstrates how we can add a touch of class and dignity to our lives. He’s here to make sure your color schemes are fly and your stance is stage-ready.
Filled with photographs to illustrate his lessons, Advance Your Swagger is the lifestyle book of the year. He’s taken care of his world–now let Mr. Bentley whip yours into style.
What people are saying - Write a review
Expected MoreUser Review - fritoboat - Overstock.com
The information provided in this short book is invaluable. However at just barley over 100 pages its brevity is less then desirable. Mr. Bentley quickly establishes himself as a man in the know and ... Read full review
AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!!User Review - F. Navarre - Borders
This is an awesome book. I believe everyone could learn something from Fonzworth in this book, especially the upcoming generation. Read full review