Ageless: The Naked Truth about Bioidentical Hormones
Can you really feel better as you get older?
Is aging without illness possible?
Is your own internal fountain of youth waiting to be discovered?
Yes, yes, and YES! says Suzanne Somers, the bestselling author ofThe Sexy Years. It can all be true when you take advantage of the new science of antiaging medicine—a revolutionary approach to achieving the ageless life.
Suzanne Somers introduced millions of women to bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and changed the way we look at menopause with her groundbreaking book,The Sexy Years, and the overwhelming media response to its publication. Now, inAgeless, Suzanne introduces an inspiring, medically validated approach to reversing the aging process and maintaining a healthy, vibrant, mentally sharp, sexually active life—while building the body’s natural defenses against age-related diseases.
Agelessis jam-packed with new, updated information on bioidentical hormone replacement and antiaging that will change your life forever. Suzanne talks about:
• Antiaging medicine and how it can help work against the environmental assault that is making us sick, including how to detox the body of harmful pollutants and chemicals and strengthen our weakest glands and organs
• Menopause, which can become an enjoyable passage once the body is in perfect hormonal sync with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
• The dangers of perimenopause and how women can treat it
• Why so many hysterectomies are unnecessary, how birth control pills may have contributed to the rise of hysterectomies, and how to restore your body to perfect hormonal balance after having one
• How andropause is a real condition for men, and how men can lose weight, regain their youthful physiques, and restore heath, energy, and sexuality, all through bioidentical HRT
• The importance of sleep and the healing work that nature does during this time to balance hormones and increase energy
In this “antiaging bible,” Suzanne brings together prominent, Western-trained antiaging doctors who are at the forefront of a medical revolution to show how the traditional medical approach is woefully inadequate and outdated. Its standard of care has been to treat all symptoms with drugs, but in Ageless you will find out how this approach does not make us better. With antiaging medicine you can heal your body rather than keep a chronic condition at bay with drugs.Agelessshows you how to keep your “insides” young, and how this manifests on the outside.
What could be better than having your doctor tell you that you have the bones of a twenty-year-old, or the heart of a thirty-year-old? You can be young on the inside if you follow the advice inAgeless. Suzanne reveals the secrets to youthfulness that everyone can achieve and shows us all how to live the ageless life!
What people are saying - Write a review
a much needed for womenUser Review - KYgifter - Overstock.com
I know I bought this book as a gift for a close friend who wanted it.I believe she watched Miss Somers on talk shows.But I had to borrow it back because it contained a lot of informationI found I needed. Read full review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - wineisme - LibraryThing
Suzanne Somers has a contagious energy! With such an extreme lack of research and understanding of menopause and it's subsequent before, during, and after effects, every woman must educate herself ... Read full review
Foreword by Michael Galitzer MD
Taking Charge of Your Own Health
PART ONE KEEPING YOUR INSIDES YOUNG
Natural Hormone Balance
Bioidentical IIormone Replacement
PART Two MEN AND THEIR HORMONES 251
A FortyYearOld in Periandropause
Men and Hormones
PART FIVE AGELESS LIVING
A Vegetarian No Longer
Nutrition and Hormones
Paul Schulickr Herbs and Antiaging
Human Growth Hormone
Yoga and Exercise