Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aged agent appears appointed army arrived Assist Asst authorities Bank batt Bengal Bombay Brev British Calcutta Cape Capt Captain cent charge Charles China civil cloth coll command Company corps Court departure direct Directors ditto duty East-India England establishment Europe foot furl George give Government Henry HOME honour hope House important India interest James John join judge lady late leave letter Lieut London Lord Madras Major March master Messrs military Miss months morning native officers passed persons present presidency proc proceeded rank received regiment regt remain respect Scinde servant ship Smith station steamer Street surg Thomas troops wife
257. oldal - These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
253. oldal - A most refreshing preparation for the complexion, dispelling the cloud of languor and relaxation, allaying all heat and irritability, and immediately affording the pleasing sensation attending restored elasticity and healthful state of the Skin. Freckles, Tan Spots, Pimples, Flushes, and Discoloration fly before its application, and give place to ,a healthy and clear complexion.
124. oldal - LANGUAGE, with Exercises on its more Prominent Peculiarities, together with a Selection of Useful Phrases, Dialogues, and Subjects for Translation into Persian. PART II. — A...
125. oldal - A DICTIONARY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE? CONTAINING THE PRONUNCIATION, ETYMOLOGY, AND EXPLANATION Of all words authorized by eminent writers; TO WHICH ARE ADDED, A VOCABULARY OF THE ROOTS OF ENGLISH WORDS, AND AN ACCENTED LIST OF GREEK, LATIN, AND SCRIPTURE PROPER NAMES BY ALEXANDER REID, AM, Rector of the Circus School, Edinburgh.
283. oldal - With Tables of Distances between the principal Towns and Military Stations On one sheet — size, 2 ft. 3 in. wide ; 2 ft. 9 in. high, 9s. ; or, on cloth, in a case, 12s. Map of the Western Provinces of Hindoostan, The Punjab, Cabool, Scinde, Bhawulpore, &c., including all the States between Candahar and Allahabad.
249. oldal - History of the House of Austria. From the Foundation of the Monarchy by Rhodolph of Hapsburgh to the Death of Leopold II., 1218-1792.
249. oldal - LANZI'S History of Painting In Italy, from the Period of the Revival of the Fine Arts to the End of the Eighteenth Century. Translated by Thomas Roscoe. 3 vols. 3*. 6d. each. LAPPENBERG'S History of England under the AngloSaxon Kings. Translated by B. Thorpe, FSA New edition, revised by EC Otte.
126. oldal - I cannot resist informing you of the extraordinary effect I have experienced by taking only a few of your Lozenges. I had a cough for several weeks, that defied all that had been prescribed for me ; and yet I got completely rid of it by taking about half a small box of your Lozenges, which I find are the only ones that relieve the cough without deranging the stomach or digestive organs.
74. oldal - A British Officer, with an efficient establishment of assistants, shall be appointed by the Governor-General to remain at Lahore, which officer shall have full authority to direct and control all matters in every Department of the State.
219. oldal - Thomson's Lunar and Horary Tables. For New and Concise Methods of Performing the Calculations necessary for ascertaining the Longitude by Lunar Observations, or Chronometers ; with directions for acquiring a knowledge of the Principal Fixed Stars and finding the Latitude of them.