An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Peachpit Press, Jun 13, 2011 - Computers - 352 pages
If you’re an experienced editor who wants to get up-to-speed on Premiere Pro, then look no further than this fast-paced but thorough introduction to Adobe’s flagship editing program. Enjoy the ride as three experienced editors take you step-by-step through the entire editing process in Premiere Pro, from file creation all the way through output. Along the way you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of (or “to do things such as”) file management, essential and intermediate editing techniques, color correction, audio mixing and repairing, titling and effects, and delivering your video onto tape, the web, and mobile devices. You’ll learn to work within the Adobe ecosystem as well, getting up to speed quickly on time saving tools such as Dynamic Link, Adobe Story, and more.
As you work through sections, you’ll find references to engaging videos that accompany the book, giving you a visual and audio frame of reference and solidifying your knowledge of the program. Within a weekend, you’ll learn everything you need to know to use Premiere Pro confidently for your own projects.
In this no-fluff guide to Premiere Pro, you’ll learn to
• Quickly organize your existing Final Cut or Avid projects, or create new projects to use right away in Premiere Pro
• Understand how to use Premiere Pro with other Adobe software
• Edit your footage the way you like but with tips and techniques from authors with tons of experience in all the editing programs and who speak your language.
• Put your skills to work immediately by using the accompanying lesson files to work through the steps in the book
• Improve your knowledge through video tutorials, handy quick reference guides, and keyboard shortcut sheets made available on the book’s companion media.
All of Peachpit's eBooks contain the same content as the print edition. You will find a link in the last few pages of your eBook that directs you to the media files.
Please note that some lesson and video files are very large due to their high quality. High-speed internet connections are recommended for best results in downloading these files.
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - c5nest - LibraryThing
I can't recommend this book highly enough for editors scrambling to re-train on Premiere Pro CS5/5.5. The depth of coverage on more advanced topics such as color grading, hardware optimization and ... Read full review
Chapter 12 Essential Effects
Chapter 13 Creating Titles
Chapter 14 Quality Control and Archiving
Chapter 15 Publish Your Video
Appendix A Multicamera Editing
Appendix B DSLR Workflow Guide
Appendix C Capturing from Tapebased Formats
Appendix D Working with Final Cut Pro