An enquiry into the Scripture-doctrine concerning the duration of future punishment: in which the texts of the New Testament, relating to this subject, are considered. Occasion'd by some late writings, and particularly mr. Whiston's discourse of hell-torments. Repr
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able according Acts Ages Angels Annihilation answer appears Argument Author believe better Body Book calls cast Christ Christians concerning Consequence consume continue contrary Creatures Darkness Day of Judgment Dead Death denote Design destroy Destruction Devil Doctrine Duration Earth effect eternal everlasting Evidence Evil Existence express Father final Fire follow future give Gospel Hades hand Happiness hath Heaven Hell Immortality imply John judge Judgment Justice Kingdom Light live longer Lord manner Matt matter means ment Misery moral Nature never observe Passages Perfections perhaps perish Persons Place plain plainly Point Power present Proof proper prove Punishment Question Reason regard relate Religion Repentance Restoration Resurrection Righteous says Scripture seems Sense Sins Soul Subject suppose taken Testament Text thing Torments true Truth unto utterly Whiston whole Wicked Words World Writer
76. oldal - Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now ; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
216. oldal - Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, And every mountain and hill shall be made low: And the crooked shall be made straight, And the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together: For the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
132. oldal - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
55. oldal - ... where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched : where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
25. oldal - The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity ; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire : there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
78. oldal - Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you; for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.
67. oldal - It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
77. oldal - If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
39. oldal - And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage : and the door was shut.
167. oldal - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.