presents the scientific foundations upon which the clinical practice of anaesthesia and care of the critically ill are based.
- Written on the basis that basic science underlies the practice of anaesthesia
- Contributors include some of the world’s most eminent anaesthesiologists
- Provides coverage on less well appreciated aspects of the subject, such as the microcirculation, multi-organ failure, and the theory of pain
- Thoroughly integrates the clinical practice of anaesthesia with basic sciences, providing all the information needed in one convenient source
- Based on the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA) syllabus and aimed at trainee anaesthetists preparing for the FRCA, the European Diploma of Anaesthesiology and other equivalent examinations.