Annual Report of the Interstate Commerce Commission
The Commission, 1888
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
act to regulate agent amount Answer filed assigned for hearing Baltimore and Ohio board of trade bonds cars cent charges Chicago Cincinnati classification Coal commissioners common carrier Complaint filed construction corporation court discrimination earnings expenses fact filed July freight Grand Trunk Railway I. C. C. Repts income interest Interstate Commerce Commission June 30 Lake lessee mile Minn Missouri River Narrow gauge Northern Pacific Northern Pacific Railroad Ohio Telegraph Company operating Pacific Railway Company pany parties passenger person points provisions rail railroad and telegraph railway capital rates reasonable Received and filed regulate commerce respect River Railroad Company road Saint Louis Saint Paul Sept shippers Southern Railway Southern Railway Company tariffs telegraph lines territory Texas thereof tion Total traffic transportation Union Telegraph Company United unjust unreasonable Valley Railroad Company Western Railroad Company Western Railway York
72. lappuse - Commission (and produce books and papers if so ordered) and give evidence touching the matter in question, and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof.
71. lappuse - That it shall be unlawful for any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act to charge or receive any greater compensation in the aggregate for the transportation of passengers or of like kind of property, under substantially similar circumstances and conditions, for a shorter than for a longer distance over the same line, in the same direction, the shorter being included within the longer distance...
71. lappuse - Provided, however. That the provisions of this act shall not apply to the transportation of passengers or property, or to the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of property, wholly within one State, and not shipped to or from a foreign country from or to any State or Territory, as aforesaid.
201. lappuse - An act [to amend an act entitled an act] to aid in the construction of a railroad and telegraph line from the Missouri River to the Pacific Ocean, and to secure to the Government the use of the same for postal, military, and other purposes, approved July first, eighteen hundred and sixty-two," approved July second, eighteen hundred and sixty-four.
72. lappuse - Act, and shall keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted, and shall have the right to obtain from such common carriers full and complete information necessary to enable the Commission to perform the duties and carry out the objects for which it was created...
72. lappuse - Any of the district courts of the United States within the jurisdiction of which such inquiry is carried on...
71. lappuse - Act required to be done, such common carrier shall be liable to the person or persons injured thereby for the full amount of damages sustained in consequence of any such violation of the provisions of this Act...
72. lappuse - That in case any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act shall do, cause to be done, or permit to be done, any act. matter, or thing in this Act prohibited or declared to be unlawful, or shall omit to do any act.
72. lappuse - ... the date of the taking effect of this Act, the term of each to be designated by the President, but their successors shall be appointed for terms of seven years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the commissioner whom he shall succeed.
75. lappuse - ... nothing in this Act contained shall in any way abridge or alter the remedies now existing at common law or by statute, but the provisions of this Act are in addition to such remedies; provided, that no pending litigation shall in any way be affected by this Act.