As They Grow (Book 2): Your Two Year Old
From America's #1 family magazine, a guide to your two-year-old's emotional and cognitive milestones.
Every day is an exciting journey when you're the parent of a two-year-old. In As They Grow: Your Two-Year-Old, the expert editors of Parents magazine tell you what your child is thinking and feeling throughout the remarkable third year-and how you can foster a safe, nurturing environment in which your child can thrive.
Each chapter focuses on a unique developmental milestone-from language development to learning to share and mastering patience. As They Grow prepares you for everyday changes in your child's evolving behavior by explaining what your child is experiencing from her perspective-her anxiety, challenges, and excitement. Knowing what your toddler is going through, you'll learn the most productive ways of supporting her as she moves from utter dependence to increasing independence and from self-centeredness to socialization. This thorough resource also provides practical advice on dealing with common yet complicated issues such as your child's increasing gender awareness, toilet-teaching, and even jealousy upon the arrival of a younger sibling.
Each chapter highlights four main areas:
- Developmental Milestone (what you can expect)
- Conflict (changes in behavior that result from this milestone)
- You and Your Child (how this stage of development affects you as a parent)
- Helping Your Child Grow (strategies, games, and activities that enhance development)
Informative, recurring features include:
- How It Feels to Be Me (common scenarios explained from a child's perspective)
- Do Say/Don't Say (scripts of appropriate and inappropriate responses to various situations)
- Safety First (childproofing and parent alerts)
- Is There a Problem? (signs of possible developmental delays)
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.