Audel Pumps & Hydraulics
John Wiley & Sons, Oct 29, 2004 - Technology & Engineering - 576 pages
Pull up what you need to know
Pumps and hydraulic equipment are now used in more facets of industry than ever before. Whether you are a pump operator or you encounter pumps and hydraulic systems through your work in another skilled trade, a basic knowledge of the practical features, principles, installation, and maintenance of such systems is essential. You'll find it all here, fully updated with real-world examples and 21st-century applications.
* Learn to install and service pumps for nearly any application
* Understand the fundamentals and operating principles of pump controls and hydraulics
* Service and maintain individual pumping devices that use smaller motors
* See how pumps are used in robotics, taking advantage of hydraulics to lift larger, heavier loads
* Handle new types of housings and work with the latest electronic controls
* Know the appropriate servicing schedule for different types of pumping equipment
* Install and troubleshoot special-service pumps
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
FLUIDS LINES AND FITTINGS
Other editions - View all
accumulator Acid applications assembly atmospheric pressure basic bearing body Bronze capacity causes centrifugal force centrifugal pump chamber check valve circuit Corrosion Resisting Courtesy cushion designed diameter directional control valve discharge line discharge valve displacement double-acting dynamic head dynamic lift engine feet filter flow foot valve force pump friction gage gallons per minute gear gear pump gear-type pump Gould Pumps heat horsepower hose hydraulic fluid hydraulic motor hydraulic oil hydraulic system impeller inches of mercury inlet pipe installed leakage liquid load lubrication machine mechanical motion mounted O-RING operation orifice packing percent piston rod piston-type plate plunger port pounds priming relief valve rotary pump rotation rotor screw seal shaft shown in Figure single-acting solenoid specific gravity speed Sperry Rand square inch Standard Fitted static steam suction surface Table tangential temperature torque tube type of pump vacuum vanes variable-displacement velocity viscosity weight