2010 PROSE Awards Honorable Mention, Clinical Medicine! John B. Tebbetts, MD, a pioneer in the field of breast augmentation, redefines the surgeon/patient experience in this comprehensive book. By exhaustively covering everything you need to know about breast augmentation, Dr. Tebbets allows for tightly focused guidance that is principle- rather than experienced-based, with numerous decision-making algorithms and outcome-based techniques, not just one-answer solutions. The book addresses topics that range from anesthesia and case studies of specific implants to practical matters like practice management.
- Focuses exclusively on breast augmentation to make coverage as comprehensive as possible.
- Includes much-needed information on practice management, including patient consent, systems analysis, marketing, and data acquisitions.
- Addresses pre-, intra-, and postoperative care of patient for guidance from start to finish.
- Utilizes a separate chapter for each approach to breast augmentation: inframammary, axillary, periaereolar, or umbilical.
- Incorporates case studies of specific implants to help you make the right decision for your patients.
- Details TEPID (Tissue characteristics of the Envelope and Parenchyma, the Implant, and Dimensions and filler dynamics of the implant) system: the first three-dimensional modeling system for quantitating tissue characteristics.
- Provides 15 decision-making algorithms for all aspects of implant selection, surgery, and complications----the only published resource to do so.