- Includes expanded chapters on numerical control and computerized operations.
- Contains additional speeds and feeds tables, general troubleshooting concepts, and a basic review of relevant computer terms and applications.
- Emphasizes the hands-on concept of developing and refining skills, along with knowledge of metals and machining processes by means of application.
- Offers tips on checking material hardness, ensuring that temperature variations won't put parts out of tolerance.
- Reviews and presents metals and heat-treating with emphasis on aspects most important to machining.
- Presents checklists containing considerations involved, the steps and functions required, and the most appropriate sequences.
- Includes a checklist of stock and the steps involved, along with a review of both basic machining steps and the axes and other factors pertinent to N/C control and operation needed to complete the program.
A comprehensive, yet easy-to-use "memory jog" for experienced machinists, as well as a reference for programmers and anyone else with an interest in machining processes.