Never feel socially awkward again!
Today's society is fraught with peril for the unsuspecting--should you use your mobile on the train? Is it okay to strip off in the gym changing rooms? Kiss or shake? Since the wrong move can lose friends and destroy a professional image, Be Charming--Modern Manners is a clear path through every social and professional minefield, which will not only keep you out of trouble but will show you how to charm and dazzle your way through even the trickiest dinner party.
- One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
- Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
- Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
- Extra online articles at teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of charm and manners.
- Gives a uniquely modern spin on what to do in certain situations.
- Covers relationship etiquette, from one-night stands to ending your long-term relationship.
Making a good and lasting first impression; Day-to-Day etiquette; Etiquette at work; City survival; Public address; Entertaining--Being a good host; Table manners; Food and Drink; Dating and relationships; Deportment; Correspondence; The art of conversation; Dress and looking good; Sipping with style; Money; Netiquette; General Etiquette; Roundup