Decrease destructive behaviors and improve students‚e(tm)social outlook and academic performance with the ideas you‚e(tm)ll find in this book!
Here is a state-of-the-art review of behavior psychology services in public schools! It will help you address issues of evaluation, technical assistance consultation, training, student discipline, academic remediation, and health-facilitating intervention. Then it explores systems-wide applications that put this knowledge to work.
Authored by respected clinicians, educators, and researchers who blend their extensive practical knowledge with scientific findings to deliver sound, practical advice, Behavior Psychology in the Schools: Innovations in Evaluation, Support, and Consultation:
- presents an overview of the focus, scope, and practice of behavioral consultation to public schools, examining contemporary approaches such as positive behavior support, functional behavioral assessment, and efficacy evaluation
- shows why problem behavior in elementary and middle school students requires a preventive, whole-school approach and describes steps to implement school-wide positive behavior support
- examines ways to enhance academic behavior, decrease disruptive behaviors, and improve academic performance
- looks at risk prevention programs designed to promote healthy behavior and prevent chronic health problems, substance abuse, high-risk sexual behaviors, and physical/sexual abuse of children
- reviews constructive and preventive methods of reducing school violence and vandalism
- examines the laws and policies that support the use of school-wide discipline programs
- shows you how to use curriculum-based measurement to evaluate treatment efficacy
- describes consultation to a public school district in the form of a systems-wide evaluation of instructional and behavior support practices for developmentally disabled students
- teaches you to select effective interventions for responding to behavior problems
- shows you how to provide teachers with the resources and support needed to ensure successful plan intervention
- makes recommendations for improving outcomes in school-based consultation