Bicycling Magazine's Basic Maintenance and Repair: Simple Techniques to Make Your Bike Ride Better and Last Longer
Rodale Books, Oct 8, 1999 - Sports & Recreation - 128 pages
Here's how to get your machine in top shape for maximum time on the roads and trails. In this easy-to-use handbook, you'll find everything you need to make repairs, maintain your bike, and keep it running year after year.
Discover how to:
- Design a unique yet practical home repair shop.
- Silence mysterious bike noises.
- Maintain and repair caliper, cantilever, and parallel-pull brakes.
- Keep your mountain bike in great shape for all types of terrain.
- Expertly handle the newest suspension forks.
- Inspect and repair your bike after crashes.
- Quickly fix roadside breakdowns.
- Tune up front and rear derailleurs.
- Overhaul bottom brackets and hubs.
- Service cartridge cranksets.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Weekly Maintenance 7jT J
Wash and Polish
Clincher Tire Repair
14 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
adjustable cup adjustable wrench adjustment barrel alignment allen wrench anchor bolt axle bearings bottom bracket brake levers brake pads brush cartridge cassette chain lube chain whip chainring clamp clean cleats clipless pedals clockwise cone wrenches counterclockwise cracks crankarm bolts crankset damage disassembled drivetrain dustcap electrical tape flathead screwdriver fork frame Freehub freewheel front derailleur goggles grease grips handlebar headset hole Hyperglide Inspect install locknut lockring loose loosen Lubricate mountain bike nipple one-half turn overhaul pin tool pivot plastic mallet pliers preload pull pump quick-release rear derailleur rear wheel reinstall remove repair stand replace ride ring rivet rubber gloves seatpost Shimano shock side sidewalls slide smallest cog snug Spin the wheel spoke nipple spoke wrench spray lube steerer tube stem sure tension there's threads tight tighten tire tire levers toothbrush truing stand unscrew valve wear Wiggle wipe wobbles