Body Language: 7 Easy Lessons to Master the Silent Language
Read People Like a Book--7 ESSENTIAL SKILLS for getting exactly what you want
The most important 90% of communication is nonverbal.
It's silent--but not hidden.
It's instinctual--but you can control it.
This book shows you how.
You'll learn how to:
* Read the nonverbal signs that tell you exactly what people are thinking, feeling, and planning.
* Control your own nonverbal communication so you deliver the right message and get the right results.
* Decipher gestures and read minds.
* Stop sending signals that undercut your words.
* Communicate more successfully with friends, family, colleagues, customers, strangers...everyone!
Are you trustworthy? Likable? Interesting?
Are you the right person to hire? To buy from?
People start judging you the instant they meet you--and they never stop. You do the same for them.
Based on what? Not just words: 90% of the information people present about themselves is nonverbal. Body Language is about understanding that 90%--and making the most of it.
It's about learning to consciously read the silent messages other people are sending...so you know what they're really feeling, thinking, and intending to do.
It's about learning to control your own body language so that you communicate more powerfully and successfully with everyone in your life.
Need an edge? Ever worry that you're not getting your message across? Then these are the most important communication skills you will ever learn.
* Recognize lies, fears, and how people are responding to you
Sharpen your intuitions and perceptions and use them to communicate more effectively
* Overcome bad body language habits that convey the wrong impression
Stop making the innocent mistakes that turn people off
* Read people through "context, congruence, and clusters"
Use body language together with everything else you know, hear, and see
* Gain the charisma that comes with effective listening
People want to be heard--learn how to give them what they want
What people are saying - Write a review
Other editions - View all
Body Language: How to Read Others, Detect Deceit, and Convey the Right Message
No preview available - 2015