Bonsai secrets: designing, growing, and caring for your miniature masterpieces
In this beautifully presented book you'll find:
- Advice on the best types of bonsai to grow
- Tips and shortcuts, dos and don'ts, questions and answers
- Growing secrets, including soil, repotting and cutting roots, fertilizing, dealing with disease, and caring for your trees through the seasons
- 30 key step-by-step techniques to achieve every kind of bonsai shape, style, and group
- A wealth of information for experienced enthusiasts as well as newcomers to bonsai
- Troubleshooting and maintenance methods
Learn the insider's techniques for making your bonsai thrive and live to a good age--all revealed in Bonsai Secrets.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
This edition published by The Readers Digest Association Inc 6 INTRODUCTION
FOR IVY PRESS
44 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
aesthetic air layering Akadama aphids bark beauty bonsai artists bonsai enthusiasts bonsai growers bonsai masters bonsai nursery bonsai pots bonsai soil buy bonsai China Chinese elm CHINESE JUNIPER choose climate color conifers Cotoneaster crab apple create Cryptomeria cypress damage dealer deciduous deciduous trees develop disease displayed drainage Driftwood effects evergreen fertilizer Ficus flowers foliage garden grow grown Hinoki cypress hornbeam horticultural houseplants humidity important inches indoor bonsai Iuniper Japan Japanese bonsai Japanese maples Japanese style keep Leaf pruning leaves live look Masahiko Kimura miniature natural nebari nutrients outdoor bonsai outdoor varieties pests pine plants popular repotted root ball Satsuki azaleas scale insects scissors SECRETS OF SUCCESS seed seedlings semitropical Serissa shape shoots small bonsai specialist bonsai species specimen spring summer taper temperate temperature thick tree's trident maple tropical trunk twigs usually vine weevil wabi winter wire wood Zelkova