Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action actual afterwards allowed answer appear assize authority bill brought called cause civil committed common law considered convicted court crime damages death debt defendant demand determined directed East ecclesiastical courts enacted England enter entry equity evidence execution extend fact felony former give given granted guilty hath held imprisonment indictment injury Inst intent issue judge judgment jurisdiction jury justice kill king king's land liable lord manner matter murder nature necessary oath offence original owner particular party peace penalties person plaintiff plea plead possession present principal prisoner proceedings proved punishment reason received record recover remedy rent respect rule sheriff species stat statute sufficient suit taken tenant tender term thing trespass trial unless usually verdict witnesses writ
220. oldal - Contract, whereby to take any Case out of the Operation of the said Enactments or either of them, or to deprive any Party of the Benefit thereof, unless such Acknowledgment or Promise shall be made or contained by or in some Writing to be signed by the Party chargeable thereby...
239. oldal - Then shall an oath of the LORD be between them both, that he hath not put his hand unto his neighbour's goods; and the owner of it shall accept thereof, and he shall not make it good.
79. oldal - States authorizes the supreme court " to issue writs of mandamus, in cases warranted by the principles and usages of law, to any courts appointed, or persons holding office, under the authority of the United States.
149. oldal - ... obtained shall immediately afterwards certify on the back of the record, or on the writ of trial or writ of inquiry, that the action was really brought to try a right besides the mere right to recover damages for the trespass or grievance for which the action shall have been brought, or that the trespass or grievance in respect of which the action was brought was wilful and malicious.
112. oldal - Implied are such as reason and justice dictate, and which therefore the law presumes that every man undertakes to perform.
383. oldal - Or if a Man do levy War against our Lord the King in his Realm, or be adherent to the King's Enemies in his Realm, giving to them Aid and Comfort in the Realm or elsewhere...
369. oldal - To deny the possibility, nay, actual existence, of witchcraft and sorcery is at once flatly to contradict the revealed word of God, in various passages both of the Old and New Testament: and the thing itself is a truth to which every nation in the world hath in its turn borne testimony, either by examples seemingly well attested or by prohibitory laws; which at least suppose the possibility of commerce with evil spirits.
493. oldal - ... it shall be sufficient to allege the embezzlement or fraudulent application or disposition to be of money, without specifying any particular coin or valuable security ; and such allegation so far as regards the description of the property, shall be sustained if the offender shall be proved to have embezzled or fraudulently applied or disposed of any amount, although the particular species of coin or valuable security of which such amount was composed shall not be proved...