Breastfeeding with Confidence: A Practical Guide
Breastfeeding with Confidence is a practical guide to breastfeeding designed to take the mystery out of the process and provide new mothers with the practical skills and insights they need to be successful. Author Sue Cox explains both the art and the method of breastfeeding, and addresses the fact that making milk comes naturally, but breastfeeding is a learned skill. When many mothers-to-be are asked if they'll breastfeed, they often answer, "I will if I can." Cox counters that answer proactively and positively with information, advice, support, resources and encouragement for new mothers.
Breastfeeding with Confidence provides:
- Accessible information in an easy-to-read and easy-to-understand format
- Answers to any questions mothers could have about breastfeeding
- Illustrations to help mothers with how to position their baby
- Symbols that label key information (the key symbol highlights pointers to becoming a skillful and loving mother, the male symbol indicates items that may particularly interest the father, the apple symbol denotes healthy actions, and the cross symbol is for emergency aid.)
- Work pages for mothers to take notes and track progress
- Helpful "things to do" suggestions as a proactive approach to solving problems
- Stories and comments from breastfeeding mothers, with lots of reassuring advice and information.
iParenting Media Awards 2007 Excellent Product Winner: Parenting
USABookNews.com 2006 Finalist: Parenting/Family: Pregnancy & Childbirth
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Preparing for Breastfeeding
Building a Support Network
11 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
amount of milk antibiotics areola baby arrives baby is born baby latch baby needs baby wakes baby's caregiver birth blood body bottle bottom gum breastfeed breastfeeding breastfeeding experience breastfeeding mothers breastmilk caregiver cesarean chin colostrum comfortable cross cradle hold cuddle diaper doll drain drink ducts easier expressed milk feed your baby feel fingers formula formula-fed friends gag reflex hand-express hold your baby hormone hospital IBCLC important infections inverted nipples kangaroo care La Leche League lactation consultant lactose lactose intolerance massage mastitis mature milk milk bank milk flow milk supply minutes months mouth night nipple shield oxytocin painful nipples parents partner positioning and latching practice pregnancy premature babies problems prolactin pump reflex skin skin-to-skin contact sleep smell suck surgery swallow things thrush thumb tongue tummy twenty-four hours watch wean weeks women