Since the first edition was published in 1983, Building Surveys has been the core text in its field for students and professionals alike. Covering everything needed for initial inspections such as equipment, know-how and procedures to writing an accurate report, this book is a proven indispensable guide.
It considers all the structural elements required when surveying a property for example, foundations, walls and roofs as well as what to look out for and how to deal with it. Legal considerations and recent cases are used to illustrate good working practice making this a comprehensive text to this important subject.
* Based on real-life experience of professional surveyors
* Covers knowledge, techniques and equipment needed to inspect and report on a range of properties
* Legal and regulatory requirements fully updated and explained including the changed circumstances in relation to the governments Home Information Packs and in particular the relegation of the Home Condition Report to the status of optional, rather than obligatory, part of the pack.
* Claims against surveyors has resulted in the much greater us of action paragraphs in surveyors reports and new to this edition the specimen report in the book has been re-written to reflect this
* Additional colour photographs have been added which improve the readability and look of the book and enhance the text.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.