Building a Dream: A Canadian Guide to Starting Your Own Business
Includes perforated worksheets for copying and reusing!
... covers all the stages in planning and launching your own venture. ... Don't quit your day job until you've read Building a Dream cover to cover. -- Jay Robb, The Hamilton Spectator
Turning dreams into reality for thousands of Canadian entrepreneurs!
You've been thinking about starting your own business for a long time, but you have so many questions: Is it the right idea? Where will the money come from? Am I cut out to be an entrepreneur? Where do I start?
Divided into stages, Building a Dream takes you step-by-step through constructing a successful business, from concept through to opening your doors. Starting at the beginning, you will:
- Assess your entrepreneurial skills and test the feasibility of your business ideas
- Choose between buying a business, starting a new business or acquiring a franchise
- Conduct a feasibility study to take your concept from the idea stage to the marketplace
- Review the options for organizing your business and protecting your idea, invention or design
- Find the funding to get your enterprise off the groundAND finish with a detailed business plan!
Author Walter Good knows what works. He provides you with all the tools and tips you need and illustrates entrepreneurial success through inspiring and informative profiles of winning Canadian entrepreneurs. This easy-to-use workbook includes:
- Quizzes and questionnaires for self-assessment
- Checklists and inventories to track your progress
- Sample forms and worksheets to help you analyze and forecast
- Web sites to provide more information on topics of interest
- Templates for comprehensive business plans for two business types
- Two real-life business plans
Dreaming provides inspiration. Planning provides results. Working through Building a Dream will help you turn your dreams into a successful business reality.