The definitive guide to flexible benefit programs in Canada – completely revised and updated.
Now in a new third edition, Canadian Handbook of Flexible Benefits offers everything organizations need to know about designing, implementing, communicating, and administering a successful flexible benefits program. The 2007 Handbook is equally relevant to employers introducing a new plan and to those looking for insight and direction on maintaining an existing program.
This edition answers the question "What’s new in flex?" and includes up-to-date information on:
- the expansion in the range of flexible programs in the last decade, from simplified to total compensation designs;
- incorporating the numerous innovations in health care cost management into a flexible program;
- legal aspects of flexible benefits, including the latest word from Canada Revenue Agency on converting taxable performance bonuses to pretax benefits;
- administration alternatives, including outsourcing, co-sourcing and multi-process outsourcing;
- Completely new material covering:
- retiree flexible benefit programs,
- maintaining and revitalizing an existing plan
- flex for executives,
- special considerations for specific provinces,
- case studies of companies that have successfully implemented flexible benefits, and
- flexible benefit developments in eight countries on five continents.