Cape Floral Region Protected Areas
Let Southbound take you to the astonishing floral riches of the Cape‚€”what Carl Linnaeus described as ‚€œthis Heaven on Earth‚€ ‚€”a vast area of mountainous shrubland, dominated by fynbos, and rich in faunal, floral and cultural diversity.
* The Cape Floral Kingdom is one of the oldest plant kingdoms in the world with some species dating back 60 million years
* The smallest and richest of the world‚€™s six Floral Kingdoms with a staggering 9,600 flora species, 70% of which occur nowhere else on Earth.
* Comprising eight unique areas‚€” Table Mountain, Groot Winterhoek, Cederberg, Boland, De Hoop, Boosmansbos, Swartberg, Baviaanskloof
* Contains 112 Red Data Book (endangered) species of fauna as well as Endemic Bird Area species
* Hiking, 4x4 trails, base-jumping, adventure-caving, whale-watching, wine farms, cheese and arts festivals and much more
* Comprehensive tourist listings, maps and color photos
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Conservation and local community involvement
The Swartberg Complex
Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve
accommodation alien plant baboons Baviaanskloof Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve beautiful biking biodiversity birds Boland Mountain Complex Boosmansbos Wilderness Area campsite Cape Floral Kingdom Cape Floral Region Cape Peninsula Cape Point Cape Town CapeNature booking office Cederberg Cederberg Wilderness Area CFRPA community involvement cottages disa diversity drive Eastern Cape Email endangered endemic Erica farms fauna fire flowers fynbos grey rhebok Groot Winterhoek Wilderness Grootvadersbosch habitats hectares hikers hiking trail Hoop Nature Reserve kilometres klipspringer Kloof Kogelberg Langeberg leopard mammals mountain fynbos Mountain National Park Nature Reserve overnight Paarl peaks plant species Potberg programme protea rare renosterveld restios River road rock art route self-catering slopes South Africa’s Southern Africa Stellenbosch sugarbirds surrounding Swartberg Swartberg Complex Swartberg Pass Table Mountain Table Mountain National threatened TMNP Tourism trees valley vegetation Verreaux’s visitors vulnerable wetlands whales wild Wilderness Area wine Winterhoek Winterhoek Wilderness Area World Heritage World Heritage Site