provides practical tools and tips for developing and implementing career paths in the workplace.
- Discusses available resources organizations can use in developing career paths
- Includes a sample career path guide
- Describes how career path efforts can be integrated with recruitment and hiring, strategic planning, succession management, employee development, and retention programs
- Explains how to improve employee retention using career paths and how to integrate career paths into employee training and development systems
- Provides conceptual and practical toolkits for constructing career paths
- Discusses dimensions that impact career paths, such as employee movement and the nature of employee expertise