The author of the bestselling 101 series (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Barbeques) serves up a year-round array of festive holiday menus and recipes for hassle-free gatherings of any size and for any occasion.
Even veteran cooks get the jitters when it comes to playing host. Now Rick Rodgers applies his foolproof technique to parties large and small, making get-togethers with family and friends simplicity itself. In Celebrations 101, you’ll find twenty menus and more than one hundred recipes for entertaining with pain-free panache. Rodgers makes it a breeze to throw parties throughout the year:
• Kick off the New Year with Baked Ham and Pineapple Chutney Glaze; Yam and Yukon Gold Potato Salad with Mint; and Five-Spice Hot Apple Cider
• Spice up Mardi Gras with Warm Red Bean and Andouille Dip and a Sweet Potato King Cake
• Wow Mom on Mother’s Day with Baked Marscapone-Stuffed French Toast and Berry-Maple Compote
• Savor a summer evening with an alfresco supper of Pork Tenderloin Tonnato; Rice, Cherry Tomato, and Basil Salad; and Lemon Mousse and Blueberry Parfait
• Make your Thanksgiving unique with Sherried Crab Bisque, Herbed Turkey Breasts with Cranberry-Merlot Sauce, and Pumpkin Tart with Hazelnut
• Prepare a traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner of Seafood Salad and Veal and Ricotta Lasagna, finished off with a mouthwatering Pear Zuppa Inglese
Celebrations 101 also features Rick’s signature timetables and shopping lists, your blueprint for truly stress-free, no-fuss feasting. From Easter dinner or a Passover Seder to elegant cocktail parties and a Christmas Cookie Swap, here are dozens of recipes for memorable events that cooks will enjoy as much as their guests.
What people are saying - Write a review
Celebrations 101User Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
The latest title in Rodgers's popular "101" series (Thanksgiving ; Barbecues ) provides menus for celebrations and other special occasions, from "A New Year's Day Open House" to "A Christmas Eve ... Read full review
The Party Pantry
Part Two Springtime Celebrations
Part Three Summer on a Plate 11 7
Part Four The Holiday Season 1 73