ChiRunning: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running
The revised edition of the bestselling ChiRunning, a groundbreaking program from ultra-marathoner and nationally-known coach Danny Dreyer, that teaches you how to run faster and farther with less effort, and to prevent and heal injuries for runners of any age or fitness level.
In ChiRunning, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, provide powerful insight that transforms running from a high-injury sport to a body-friendly, injury-free fitness phenomenon. ChiRunning employs the deep power reserves in the core muscles, an approach found in disciplines such as yoga, Pilates, and T’ai Chi.
ChiRunning enables you to develop a personalized exercise program by blending running with the powerful mind-body principles of T’ai Chi:
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and reduce your potential for injury while running, and make knee pain and shin splints a thing of the past.
2. Engage your core. Shift the workload from your leg muscles to your core muscles, for efficiency and speed.
3. Add relaxation to your running. Learn to focus your mind and relax your body to increase speed and distance.
4. Make it a Mindful Practice. Maintain high performance and make running a mindful, enjoyable life-long practice.
5. It’s easy to learn. Transform your running with the ten-step ChiRunning training program.
What people are saying - Write a review
Chi RunningUser Review - larossa - Overstock.com
An amazing book! All runners casual to Ultras need to read this and learn the proper way to run to avoid injury and enjoy the experience! I have been a runner for 30 years and no longer wonder how ... Read full review
Innovative approach to the old adageUser Review - Overstock.com
Insight from ancient eygpt eastern practices fuses with modern western athletism in hopes of promoting injury free exercise and a heighten sense of selfawareness. Meyer shares his own personal experience with Tai Chi and his coaching experience with his clients. Read full review
A Revolution in Running
The Four ChiSkills
The Basic Components
How to Learn ChiRunning
Hills Trails and Treadmills
Transitioning Into and Out of Running
Peak Performance and RaceSpecific
Getting the Most Chi from Your Food
Run as You Live Live as You Run
Appendix A Guide to the Muscles Referred to in the Book
Other editions - View all
ChiRunning: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-free Running
Danny Dreyer,Katherine Dreyer
No preview available - 2008