Chicken Soup for the Soul: Tales of Golf and Sport: The Joy, Frustration, and Humor of Golf and Sport
Chicken Soup for the Soul, Oct 21, 2008 - Sports & Recreation - 380 pages
1. This is the first Chicken Soup book about golf for men and women since 2002. Previous golf books have sold more than 1.5 million copies in aggregate.
2. Books represent a new thematic experience, even for readers of past books, as Chicken Soup has tightened the content, and books contain only relevant stories. Out-of-date stories were eliminated. 3. Each book contains 101 stories recompiled from dozens of past Chicken Soup titles.
4. “Our 101 Best Stories” collection is an efficient way for new readers to obtain books covering Chicken Soup’s most popular topics.
5. Every book has a warm and moving foreword from Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen explaining the company’s rebirth and its return to 101 stories per book.
6. Chicken Soup for the Soul earned the Guinness World Record for having the most books on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
7. Last year, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul #5 on its list of 25 books that left a legacy over the past quarter century.
Golfers are a special breed. They endure bad weather, early wake up calls, great expense, and "interesting" clothing to engage in their favorite sport. This new volume contains Chicken Soup's 101 best stories and poems about golfers, golfing, and a few stories about other sports and athletes.
The first Chicken Soup for the Soul book was published in 1993, and became a publishing industry sensation, ultimately selling eight million copies. Since then, more than 150 Chicken Soup titles have been published, selling more than 100 million copies.
Chicken Soup for the Soul has won dozens of awards over the past 15 years, and its founders, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen have become celebrity motivational speakers and authors.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
A Thoughtful Gift Kay B Tucker
Hate Golf1 Love Golf George Bush
Diary of a Beginning Golf Junkie
105 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
2nd Round Alford Amanda Angus Arnold Palmer asked baseball basketball Beaver blind golfers boys Browne caddie called championship Chicken Soup Christmas coach Country Club Dad's Darryl dream eyes face fairway father feel felt football friends going golf balls golf club golf course Golfer's Soul green guys hand Hattie head hit the ball hole husband Jack Canfield kids knew Larry laughed League looked Mark Victor Hansen Mike Mike Tirico Moe Norman morning mother never night okay Payne Stewart pitch play golf players putt putter race remember Renwick Roger Maris score smiled someone Sports Fan's Soul SportsCenter Stan Musial Steve stories swing talk teammates tell things thought tickets Titleist told Tommy Tommy Lasorda took tournament trying turned uncle Uncle Ben walked wanted watch week wife yards