Collins Big Cat -- Bert's Band: Band 04/Blue, Volume 4
Bert's Band like to play as they march down the street. When they win the cup, they arrive back at their home town at midnight, and very carefully remove their shoes and socks so as not to disturb the townsfolk as they march down the street - playing at full belt! This lively text is ideal to read aloud, with lots of opportunities to join in.
* Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with
* Text type - A humorous story.
* At the end of the story is a poster by the bandstand in the park, advertising Bert's band, which is an ideal cue for further discussion and supports writing activities outside the reading session.
* Curriculum links - Science: sounds and heÅ Citizenship: taking part.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.