Colloquial Afrikaans: The Complete Course for Beginners, Volume 1
Colloquial Afrikaans provides a step-by-step course in Afrikaans as it is written and spoken in South Africa and Namibia today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Afrikaans in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
* progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
* structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
* an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
* realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
* useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
* additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Afrikaans will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Afrikaans.
The complete course comprises the book and audio materials. These are available to purchase separately in paperback, ebook, CD and MP3 format. The paperback and CDs can also be purchased together in the great-value Colloquials pack.
Paperback: 978-0-415-20672-3 (please note this does not include the audio)
CDs : 978-0-415-30072-8
eBook: 978-0-203-82682-9 (please note this does not include the audio, available from http://www.ebookstore.tandf.co.uk/)
MP3s: 978-0-415-47112-1 (available from http://www.ebookstore.tandf.co.uk/)
Pack : 978-0-415-44173-5 (paperback and CDs)
What people are saying - Write a review
1 Meeting and greeting people
3 Buying a ticket
4 Numbers and money
5 Making a date
6 Likes and dislikes
7 Asking the way
13 The weather
14 Exclamations congratulations and apologies
15 Where? on under behind or in front of?
16 Stellenbosch a town which everyone loves
17 Theres a school being built here
List of countries inhabitants nationalities
Answers to the exercises