The best fully integrated study system available
Official CompTIA Content! Prepare for CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-301 with McGraw-Hill—a Gold-Level CompTIA Authorized Partner offering Official CompTIA Approved Quality Content to give you the competitive edge on exam day.
With hundreds of practice questions and hands-on exercises, CompTIA Security+ Certification Study Guide covers what you need to know--and shows you how to prepare--for this challenging exam.
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for the exam
- Exam Readiness Checklist--you're ready for the exam when all objectives on the list are checked off
- Inside the Exam sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
- Two-Minute Drills for quick review at the end of every chapter
- Simulated exam questions match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam
Covers all the exam topics, including:
Networking Basics and Terminology * Security Terminology * Security Policies and Standards * Types of Attacks * System Security Threats * Mitigating Security Threats * Implementing System Security * Securing the Network Infrastructure * Wireless Networking and Security * Authentication * Access Control * Cryptography * Managing a Public Key Infrastructure * Physical Security * Risk Analysis * Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity * Computer Forensics * Security Assessments and Audits * Monitoring and Auditing
- Complete MasterExam practice testing engine, featuring:
- One full practice exam
- Detailed answers with explanations
- Score Report performance assessment tool
- 20+ CertCam videos from the author
- 200+ Flash Trainer E-flashcards
- PDF copy of the book for studying on the go
- Lab Exercise PDF with solutions
with free online registration:
- Bonus downloadable Master Exam practice test
From the Author Security is a critical part of information systems, and the need is on the rise for IT professionals proficient in configuring systems in a secure manner and able to assess security. The CompTIA Security+ Certification Study Guide
is a comprehensive book that is designed to help you prepare for the Security+ exam (SY0-301), but also serves as a practical reference you can use after obtaining your certification.
This book is organized to serve as an in-depth review for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam (SY0-301) for both experienced security professionals and newcomers to the field of information system security. Each chapter covers a major aspect of the exam, with an emphasis on the “why” as well as on the “how to” help organizations understand critical security technologies that should be implemented in their environment. This book also helps you understand how to assess and recommend ways of improving security within a company.