Thoroughly revised and updated, this popular book provides a comprehensive yet easy to read guide to modern contact lens practice. Beautifully re-designed in a clean, contemporary layout, this second edition presents relevant and up-to-date information in a systematic manner, with a logical flow of subject matter from front to back.
This book wonderfully captures the ‘middle ground’ in the contact lens field ... somewhere between a dense research-based tome and a basic fitting guide. As such, it is ideally suited for both students and general eye care practitioners who require a practical, accessible and uncluttered account of the contact lens field.
- Outlines a rational clinical approach to modern contact lens fitting - practical advice for the clinic and the classroom
- Logical structure and systematic layout, with relevant chapters grouped into coherent sections for easy reference
- Up-to-date for accurate information
- Chapters are contextualised through cross-referencing - helping to reflect the relative importance of different topics
- Provides an 'historical time line' of contact lens development and explains the current global situation
- Explains how contact lenses are fabricated, designed, manufactured and measured
- Reviews the scientific principles that underpin the clinical application of contact lenses
- New chapter on daily disposable contact lenses.
- Contributing authors comprising optometrists, ophthalmologists, dispensing opticians, industry experts, researchers and clinicians – all of whom are true international leaders in their sub-specialty areas.
- Many new line diagrams and clinical photographs to illustrate, inform and explain the concepts outlined in the text.
- Special consideration is given to the most popular lens replacement systems – daily, two-weekly and monthly.
- Extensive appendices to assist chair-side decision making in everyday practice.
- Efron Grading Scales for Contact Lens Complications.
- Evidence-based approach with numerous up-to-date references at the end of each chapter.