Contemporary Class Piano
Highly acclaimed for its creative approach to beginning piano,Contemporary Class Pianopresents materials in an engaging manner and in a logical progression of difficulty. Easily accessible to students with no prior music or keyboard experience, the book offers a well-rounded and abundant solo and ensemble repertoire--including classical pieces and folk, jazz, rock, pop, and blues tunes--with ample opportunities for students to improvise, transpose, harmonize, and compose accompaniments.
New to the sixth edition
· FREE TO INSTRUCTORS UPON ADOPTION: Packaged separately from the text, a set of four MIDI disks--containing approximately 200 orchestration accompaniments prepared by renowned composer Phillip Keveren--that can be used in class. These accompaniments motivate students to practice and complete their assignments more readily.
· A teacher's manual with suggested lesson plans and teaching tips available at www.oup.com/us/classpiano
· Thirty-one new solo repertoire and sixteen new ensemble repertoire pieces (arranged for four to eight hands)
· Thirteen new songs to harmonize, six of which make up a new "Famous Themes" section, with favorites such asFür EliseandLiebestraum
· Eighteen new teacher accompaniments
· Easy-to-play arrangements of three patriotic songs in Appendix C
· Opportunities for students to experience aleatoric (chance) music in Unit 1
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.