Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure on the Internet
A practical guide to Cryptography and its use in the Internet and other communication networks.
This overview takes the reader through basic issues and on to more advanced concepts, to cover all levels of interest. Coverage includes all key mathematical concepts, standardisation, authentication, elliptic curve cryptography, and algorithm modes and protocols (including SSL, TLS, IPSec, SMIME, & PGP protocols).
* Details what the risks on the internet are and how cryptography can help
* Includes a chapter on interception which is unique amongst competing books in this field
* Explains Public Key Infrastructures (PKIs) - currently the most important issue when using cryptography in a large organisation
* Includes up-to-date referencing of people, organisations, books and Web sites and the latest information about recent acts and standards affecting encryption practice
* Tackles the practical issues such as the difference between SSL and IPSec, which companies are active on the market and where to get further information
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
PART 2 THE PRINCIPLES OF CRYPTOGRAPHY
PART 3 ADVANCED CRYPTOGRAPHY
PART 4 PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURES
PART 5 CRYPTO PROTOCOLS FOR THE INTERNET
Other editions - View all
Alice and Bob Alice's asymmetrical algorithms attack attribute certificates authentication biometric bits block Bob's Byte cash certificate server cipher ciphertext communication components connection course credit card cryptanalysis crypto crypto interface Cryptobank cryptographic hash function cryptography decryption described developed Diffie–Hellman digital certificates digital signatures directory service discrete logarithm drawback e-mail eavesdropping Ecash elliptic curves encryption algorithm example extensions format hardware hash result HBCI implementation important Internet IPSec ISDN key algorithms key exchange key length Layer Mailtrust Mallory mode modulo OpenPGP operation OSI model packet password payment PKIX plaintext possible prime numbers private key problem procedure protocol message public key random numbers revocation lists Rijndael rotor router RSA algorithm RSA Security S/MIME secret key Section signature law signed smart card solution standard standardised symmetric encryption TCP/IP Trust Centre