Customer-centered Products: Creating Successful Products Through Smart Requirements Management
"""Never time enough to do it right, but always time enough to do it over."" In today's ""faster-better-cheaper-at-any-cost"" world, this is not just a joke, but an all-too-frequent reality. And, most often, a poor understanding of the requirements for a product is the reason it must be done over.
Customer-Centered Products is a highly practical new book that helps readers gain a clear understanding of how to elicit the right requirements early on in a project--and make the right product the first time. Packed with useful information, enlightening real-life examples, and money-saving solutions, this book shows readers how to:
* Identify where their current requirements process is weak
* Bridge communication breakdowns that lead to muddy requirements
* Eliminate costly mistakes and rework
* Improve product quality without increasing cost
* Use operational concepts to improve requirements quality
* Improve the fit between the product and the customers' needs
* Prove that faster, better, cheaper is possible, and more."
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - aethercowboy - LibraryThing
If you've ever wanted to know some first hand helpful hints on managing resources, this may be one of many resources available to you. Though, to be brutally honest, I would not make this your only ... Read full review
Simple and lucid. Although not deeply technical, it elaborates with finesse the art of requirement writing. The authors have a great sense of humor and draw examples from several domains. It is a good read for everyone, specially for managers.
List of Figures xiii
But Will It Work?
apn Are We There Yet?
About the Authors