Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff: The Q.U.I.C.K. Way to Bring Lasting Order to Household Chaos
Rodale, Aug 24, 2002 - House & Home - 384 pages
1,237 terrific clutter-cutting tips-- plus hundreds of insider secrets from America's clutter-control experts!
Is clutter taking over your life?
It's time to take some Q.U.I.C.K. action, cut the clutter, and stow the stuff once and for all!
Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff will help you tame the clutter monster using the revolutionary Q.U.I.C.K. clutter-control system. You're just five fast steps from a clutter-free home! See inside to:
* Discover your unique clutter style-- and how to make it work for you, not against you, in the fight with clutter. Take the clutter quiz on page 8. Once you know your clutter style, you'll finally understand why you feel compelled to collect every style of Spode teacup produced since 1856...or stash a year's worth of newspapers under the bed...or keep your 45-year-old son's high school football jerseys "just in case." And you'll find effective strategies to turn those tendencies to your advantage!
* Rediscover your rooms-- and your furniture (when was the last time you saw the top of your dining room table?!)-- with the simple steps in the Unload chapter on page 43. There really is a house under there!
* Find storage space you never knew you had, even in cramped quarters like the bathroom and laundry room. It's there-- once you know where to look for it.
* Clear out the kids' rooms without starting a war. These ingenious tactics are so effective, your kids may even pitch in!
* Make all those piles of paper disappear like magic. Right now, your paper piles are probably multiplying faster than hot dogs at a ball game. But you'll find how to get them out and keep them out (even at the office!) starting on page 316.
"Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff is the first organizing book to make it easy for readers to solve their most vexing problems. Easy to navigate and packed full of great tips, no other book of its kind is this comprehensible."--Linda Koopersmith, The Beverly Hills Organizer
What people are saying - Write a review
Cut the clutter and stow the stuff: the Q. U. I. C. K. way to bring lasting order to household chaosUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Whether one is a tosser, an accumulator, or a concealer, this book contains a wealth of advice on how to control household clutter. Beginning with a system of quantifying, unloading, isolating ... Read full review
Whats Your Clutter Style?
Quantify Your Clutter
Keep It Up
Kitchen and Pantry
Living Dining and Family Rooms
Bathrooms and Laundry
Entryways and Mudrooms
Other editions - View all
Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff: The Q.U.I.C.K. Way to Bring Lasting ...
Limited preview - 2002