Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adam Smith Aristotle authority bill called capital century civil classes colony committee common condition congress constitution convention court declaration delegates democratic doctrine duty economists elected England English established existence fact favor France French German gold gold standard human ical ideas increase individual industry invention islands J. B. Say king labor land Latin Union legislative legislature less libel liberty Malthus matter means ment milreis Montesquieu moral nature nomination oath ochlocracy organization paper Paraguay parasites parliament party patent patronage Persia persons Peru petition philosophy of law physiocratic political economy poll tax population Portugal practice present president principle prison production punishment question regulations republican result rule Russia senate session silver slavery social society sophisms statute territory theory things tion United vote wealth whig
14. oldal - There shall be neither slavery nor involuntary servitude in the said territory otherwise than in the punishment of crimes, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted; Provided, always, That any person escaping into the same, from whom labor or service is lawfully claimed in any one of the original States, such fugitive may be lawfully reclaimed and conveyed to the person claiming his or her labor or service as aforesaid.
6. oldal - I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state, or potentate hath, or ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, preeminence, or authority, ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm : So help me God.
128. oldal - AN ACT DECLARING THE RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES OF THE SUBJECT, AND SETTLING THE SUCCESSION OF THE CROWN.
7. oldal - I, AB, do swear, That I do from my heart abhor, detest, and abjure, as impious and heretical, that damnable doctrine and position, That princes excommunicated or deprived by the pope, or any authority of the see of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or any other whatsoever.
9. oldal - An Act for the further limitation of the Crown, and better securing the rights and liberties of the Subject...
202. oldal - Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production; and the interest of the producer ought to be attended to only so far as it may be necessary for promoting that of the consumer.
236. oldal - Measures, is hereby declared inoperative and void : it being the true intent and meaning of this act, not to legislate slavery into any territory or state, nor to exclude it therefrom, but to leave the people thereof perfectly free to form and regulate their domestic institutions in their own way, subject only to the constitution of the United States...
8. oldal - I do renounce, refuse, and abjure any allegiance or obedience to him. And I do swear that I will bear faith and true allegiance to his Majesty King George, and him will defend to the utmost of my power, against all traitorous conspiracies and attempts whatsoever which shall be made against his person, crown and dignity.