Cyrano de Bergerac
ENDURING LITERATURE ILLUMINATED
BY PRACTICAL SCHOLARSHIP
Edmond Rostand's classic romance tells the unforgettable story of one unique man's bravery, loyalty, and unspoken love.
EACH ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
• A concise introduction that gives readers important background information
• A chronology of the author's life and work
• A timeline of significant events that provides the book's historical context
• An outline of key themes and plot points to help readers form their own interpretations
• Detailed explanatory notes
• Critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
• Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
• A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader's experience
Enriched Classics offer readers affordable editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and insightful commentary. The scholarship provided in Enriched Classics enables readers to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the world's finest books to their full potential.
SERIES EDITED BY CYNTHIA BRANTLEY JOHNSON
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
A Performance at the Hôtel de Bourgogne
The Poets CookShop
The Gascon Cadets
Questions for Discussion
Suggestions for the Interested Reader
Académie Française actor arms Arras background balcony Baron Bellerose bench boxes Bravo BRET Brissaille BUSYBODY cadets of Gascony Capuchin CARBON Carbon de Castel-Jaloux Cardinal Richelieu charming CHRISTIAN cloak Clorise Comédie-Française coming Comte de Guiche crowd CUIGY CYRANO bowing Cyrano de Bergerac CYRANO quickly CYRANO smiling CYRANO taking CYRANO turning dare door DOORKEEPER drawing back duel DUENNA DUKE e’en Edmond Rostand eyes fall France French Gascon give goes GUICHE hand He’s head heart hero historical Cyrano Hôtel de Bourgogne Hush JODELET kiss LE BRET letter LIGNIÈRE LISE looking Louis XIII Madame Montfleury MOTHER MARGARET Musketeer naught night nose one’s ORANGE-GIRL panache Paris parterre PASTRY-COOK PICKPOCKET play poetry RAGUENEAU rampart Richelieu ROXANE Roxane’s Scene SECOND POET shouting SISTER CLAIRE SISTER MARTHA soul speak stage stopping sweet sword tell theater There’s TRADESMAN Valvert verse VICOMTE voice wait What’s word writing