User Review - Flag as inappropriate
Our medical group along with 2 other medical groups and 3 health groups who attended the same conference have rated the "Death to Diabetes" book (ISBN 0977360741) written by the engineer Dewayne Mcculley as one of the "TOP-RATED MEDICAL BOOKS" as well as one of the TOP-RATED HEALTH BOOKS" in the U.S. and around the world.
Our top-rating for this book was based on the following:
1. Adherence to medical methodologies, protocols, and measurements
2. Content of the book goes far beyond just diabetes, including how to address high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, kidney issues, eye problems, nerve damage, etc.
3. The book's procedures explain very clearly what to do to achieve blood glucose readings in the normal range -- what to eat, and especially what NOT to eat!
4. The author doesn't play it safe -- he takes some risk to identify some so-called healthy foods that are not good for diabetics. This surprised many of us, but the author has proven his fidings.
5. The book addresses more than the physical body, including the emotional body such as the importance of handling emotions and stress, and how to reduce stress, get quality sleep, and how to relax.
6. Use of medical sciences including pathophysiology, etiology, epidemiology.
7. Use of Western Medicine and Alternative Medicine methodolgies
8. Leveraging and improvement of existing medical practices and processes to help the medical doctor in the office setting with the patient
9. Efficacy of 92% with more than 579 patients achieving normal blood glucose levels within 180 days.
10. Ease of use and ability to sustain good blood glucose results beyond 3 months.
11. Use of hundreds of medical studies and clinical references to support the book's nutritional and medical recommendations.
12. Use of health coaching, webinars, seminars, online classes, and support groups to provide emotional support to clients beyond just buying the book.
According to at least 227 diabetics we talked with, when you buy the book "Death to Diabetes", you get more than the book. You get emotional support and guidance from the company's caring staff headed by the engineer and author Mr. DeWayne McCulley. His company also provides impressive training for various wellness groups, health organizations and companies.
In addition, the author's website www.deathtodiabetes.com provides a lot more detailed information about diabetes than many of the bigger and more well-known web sites.
As a medical group, we recommend that ALL diabetics get this book. We also recommend that all medical doctors, nurses, diabetes educators, dietitians, other healthcare professionals and medical groups get multiple copies of this book and give them to your patients. Please put your egos to the side and you'll be pleasantly surprised to learn something new from this engineer.
Dr. Thomas, MD