Dancing with Disillusion
Xlibris Corporation LLC
, 2011 - Poetry
- 90 pages
"Talking to Myself," ... The first poem of the collection
- The world seems a hoax
- Reality, a sick nightmare
- Dreams, a delusion
- Huxley had it right
- And Orwell knew something
- Observing the rich eating steaks and poor order- hamburgers
- While the world snorts a crack-like drug called- the law
- Democrat, Republican
- Two sides of the same coin
- They got us
- As Uncle Sam smile in his rocking chair
- As Uncle Tom happily licks watermelon juices off-of his fingers
- I want to shatter their teeth-
- And have them choke on the sediments of all of the lives they have devoured over time
- As long as our sons and daughters eat ice cream cones and watch television, we don't fight back
- Living in the land of the free-
- Itīs obvious everything comes at a price
- Death comes cheap,
- But its living that's gonna cost ya
- And no injuries or conditions, please!
- Broken arm, Heart bypass, Lung Cancer
- 10,000, 20,000, 41,000 dollars when everyone is- one check away from skid row
- And STDīs
- Just ask your thirteen year old sister or one of-her friends because-
- 1/4 of the adolescence are carriers
- Or go speak to the Black youth, 48% of them have-been infected with something!
- But what the hell do I know!
- Even after I am done, no one will care!
- Youīll all go back to eating, fucking, and shitting
- And the cycle will go on!
- And soon, the world will be rid of people like me
- ...Talking to myself...