Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure
1. WHO IS DAVE GORMAN?
• Dave Gorman is an award-winning comedian, storyteller and writer from the UK.
• He won the HBO U.S. Comedy Arts Festival Jury Prize for Best One Person Show.
• He has appeared on the sitcom Absolutely Fabulous and The Late Show With David Letterman.
• His first book Are You Dave Gorman? has sold over 100,000 copies in the UK.
• His second book, Dave Gorman’s Googlewhack Adventure has netted 60,000 copies to date since January 1, 2004, entering the Sunday Times Bestseller List at #1.
2. WHAT THE HELL IS A GOOGLEWHACK?
• When you type two words into the Google search engine and get exactly one result. That is, only one Web page in the world happens to have the combination of words you've entered in the search box. That is a googlewhack!
• Some past examples of googlewhacks include “comparative unicyclist,” “maladroit wheezer,” and “blithering clops.”
• There is a 1-in-3-billion chance of being a googlewhack.
• For a full explanation, visit www.googlewhack.com Be warned: googlewhacking is completely addictive!
3. WHAT IS Dave Gorman’s Googlewhack Adventure?
• Dave’s creative way to procrastinate as much as possible while writing a novel for his UK publisher, Ebury.
• The mysterious e-mail from Australia that read simply “Did you know you’re a googlewhack?” and Dave’s subsequent obsession with googlewhacking that took him three times around the world...at the expense of the novel he was supposed to write.
• This is Bill Bryson for a new generation, a hilarious book about the people Dave meets while he travels the globe for the strangers he has googlewhacked.
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - MiaCulpa - LibraryThing
Travel books generally fall in to two categories; someone has a great adventure and then signs a book deal, or someone signs a book deal about a travel idea and tries to make the trip sound ... Read full review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - AHS-Wolfy - LibraryThing
Dave Gorman had just turned 31 and made the rash decision that he wanted to be taken more seriously. He decides the best way of accomplishing this is to grow a beard and write a novel and so makes a ... Read full review
twentyfiveLangur Dandelions 2