Developing Professional Practice 0 to 7 provides a thoroughly comprehensive and cutting edge guide to developing the understanding and practical skills necessary for working within early years education.
Chapter content is directly linked to the early years professional standards and pedagogical features are incorporated throughout the book to guide the student:
- Chapter objectives at the start of each chapter clearly set out the learning goals for that chapter
- Reflect and relate to practice sections throughout the book encourage the student to apply theory to real practice in schools and other early years settings whilst also encouraging them to critically evaluate all core topics, arguments and debates
- Discussion points spark debate by examining key controversies in detail
- What happens in practice? sections illuminate the discussion with examples from real practice
- Additional resources and support are provided via the companion website, including: self-study questions, case studies, interviews with practitioners and students, weblinks, a glossary, video clips and PowerPoint slides
Developing Professional Practice 0-7 is essential reading for anyone training to work in the early years, and an invaluable resource for all those already in the early stages of their careers.