Differentiation Through Learning Styles and Memory
Help students lead with their strengths and gain a deeper understanding of concepts!
This updated edition of the bestseller demonstrates how to optimize achievement by using brain-based strategies that address students’ social/emotional, cognitive, and physical learning preferences. The author offers graphic organizers, current research on memory, and new charts to help implement differentiated strategies, and also provides:
What people are saying - Write a review
I enjoyed reading the summary of Marilee's book. Having spent over 25 years in the same pursuit of learning as she, I offer the following:
- To get aptitude you have to work on attitude
- Atitude and aptitude are best worked on together with skilled teachers who have knowledge of learning styles, multiple intelligence and emotional intelligence
- For the tudor to help the struggling teacher, skills in coaching are essential. I prefer a method called cognitive coaching that works on 5 states of mind of the teacher to empower them to teach to kids learning and emotional needs.
- The book is a good background for the beginner but needs to add the components above to increase the craftmanship, interdependence, effacacy, consciousness and flexibility of teachers. Often the ability to apply the knowlewdge in this book is blocked by one or more of the above.
- Good job Marilee for what you did, now take it to another level.