Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
adopted amount annual appeal applied appointed attended authority become called cause character charge child clerk collected committee common schools condition convention copy county superintendent course directed District School duty effect established examination exercise experience fact feel friends give given hands hope hundred important improvement influence inhabitants institutions instruction interest Journal knowledge learning less lessons letters manner means meeting ment mind months moral nature necessary never notice object parents person practice present principles proper pupils qualified question reason received recommend reference regard relation resolution Resolved respect scholars school districts success taught teach teachers term thing tion town superintendent trustees vote whole young
149. lappuse - So live, that when thy summons comes to join The innumerable caravan that moves To the pale realms of shade, where each shall take His chamber in the silent halls of death, Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night, Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.
185. lappuse - ... accomplish anything great or useful. Instead of being progressive in anything, he will be at best stationary, and more probably retrograde in all. It is only the man who carries into his pursuits that great quality which Lucan ascribes to...
76. lappuse - she will not, take it, and go immediately; I am in haste.' Perceiving me to be in earnest, he took it, and asked, ' What must I say ? ' I replied, ' You have nothing to say, the chip will say all I wish.
6. lappuse - is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God, to which Satan is a bitter enemy; for it removes from the heart the weight of sorrows and the fascination of evil thoughts.
118. lappuse - All the triumphs of truth and genius over prejudice and power, in every country and in every age, have been the triumphs of Athens. Wherever a few great minds have made a stand against violence and fraud, in the cause of liberty and reason, there has been her spirit in the midst of them; inspiring, encouraging, consoling; by the lonely lamp of Erasmus, by the restless bed of Pascal, in the tribune of Mirabeau, in the cell of Galileo, on the scaffold of Sidney.
135. lappuse - Any person working land under a contract for a share of the produce of such land, shall be deemed the possessor, so far as to render him liable to taxation therefor, in the district where such land is situate, and any person in possession of real property under a contract for the purchase thereof shall be liable to taxation therefor in the district where such real property is situated.
182. lappuse - The amount of library money, therefore, under this provision, to which each district became entitled, was in proportion to the number of children between the ages of five and sixteen, residing therein, compared with the aggregate number in all the districts, and not in proportion to the adult population merely, or the whole population combined. The primary object of the institution of district libraries, was declared in the circular of Gen. Dix accompanying the publication of the act of 1838, to...
118. lappuse - ... and when a credit shall be directed to be given upon such sale, for the consideration money, or any part thereof, the trustees are hereby authorized to take in their corporate name, such security by bond and mortgage, or otherwise for the payment thereof, as they shall deem...