Do Good: 201 Ways to Lend a Hand
Andrews McMeel Publishing, May 1, 2009 - Family & Relationships - 208 pages
Make a difference in someone's life. Do Good: 201 Ways to Lend a Hand is packed with ideas for helping out family, friends, and neighbors when they need a hand the most. A perfect gift for friends or family, this book is for anyone of age who is looking to reach out and help someone, but isn't sure where to start. Gestures range from the practical to the inspired.
Because actions do speak louder than words, Do Good offers thoughtful insight on reaching out, spreading cheer, showing compassion, and just lending a hand to show you care. There are no perfect words, no perfect gestures. Just be brave, be generous, be kind, and:
* Be handy. Find what's broken and fix it.
* Babysit the kids, pets, parents, plants, whatever.
* Think of a compliment and pay it.
* Mother somebody.
* Offer to make a connection--business or love.
* Ask for a specific assignment and make it your business to see it through.
* Squeeze a hand. Some moments need no words.